Wednesday, April 04, 2007

my fashion we(a)ek

10th Philippine Fashion Week

Actually, it was only a day coz i didn't see the other shows. i showed my clothes during finale day, sunday, april 2. there were i think 20 of us who showed all kinds of clothes ranging from boxing ladies gone crafty, balenciaga robots in the forest, versace redux and other stuff that left me wondering why they were allowed to show it on the runway in the first place. One designer even attempted to do the Louis Vuitton fairy styling na with bags with alll sorts of flowers and grasses. I think he did use buri bags with gulays on it. Naloka ako!

Hey, I'm not saying that my designs were all that great and all but at least they are wearable at hindi concept-concept chuchu. Some of the matino designs I saw there were from Tippi Ocampo. I really think Tippi is very RTW which is a good thing coz people buy RTW. Hers is chika RTW.

There was a lack of media people in the audience though so I guess sorry na lang kami sa last day na mga designers. We won't be seeing our designs being 'critiqued' by our 'fashion journalists' in our national papers.

But i heard so much tsismaks backstage about the previous shows and the drama and all. But i wont tell coz i promised my friend not to spill it out - lest 'he' gets into trouble again.hehehei'm just so happy runway gave me some of the best models of the lot like 2tay maristela and charo ronquillo and crisel angudong ( charo is the first asian to win the supermodel contest and to appear in teen vogue. she was also on project runway finale show, season 2). too bad ria bolivar (my fave model aside from joan bitagcol) wasn't assigned to me.

after the show, i was so happy that a fashion editor borrowed one of my outtfit for their photo shoot. so yun, at least na notice nya at may pumunta rin palang mga fashyun na tao sa show.hehehe.i dies-dies laughing reading the reviews of cecile zamora van straten of phil. star and alex vergara of inquirer.

you read?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hey, where are the photos???!!!