Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Inspiration Board

This is my inspiration board. It's basically just random stuff I find interesting.

Here you see some scrap of fabrics with prints that we've done. Random notes from friends, a tearsheet of an editorial from an old Vogue.

In the tearsheet Christy Turlington is wearing a Helmut Lang tee which I love. I'm also loving the plastic-y texture of the sack bag I got when I bought a crochet scarf from a fair here. This board is basically for my spring/summer 2010 collection. The fuchsia scarf print and the paradise embroidery will be translated into a top, I guess.

The new Maria Luisa store containing a store within a store of Yohji Yamamoto is quite genius for me.

Still into that plastic-y, fake, techno idea. That's what I get when I see the flower sequinned scrap I cut from a t-shirt. And our new 'owl' print on the side with bow tie.

So what to expect for s/s next year from DP?

1. Plastic-y looking, synthetic materials

2. Fuchsia and red mixed with black and white

3. 'Paradise', 'Fake', '90's'

4. Relaxed, loose, androgynous, city

5. Gauze, chiffon, tissue cotton, canvas, acetate, plastic sack, etc.

2 comments:

ME BUDDHA BANANA said...

nice owl print Don....I like!

fuchsiaboy said...

uy thanks ;)