Saturday, April 21, 2012

Rising Sun




I was in Phnom Penh a few weeks ago and I meet up with my friends for brunch at Rising Sun, a local resto named after a Michael Crichton novel that was made into a movie of the same name directed by Phillip Kaufman and starring Sean Connery and Wesley Snipes. How did I know about this? Well, let's just say a huge poster of the movie was hanging on one of the walls in the place. I just didn't get how the suspense murder movie has anything related to the place though. Anyhoot...





Coke for breakfast is like coffee for me. And it's been awhile since I had it from a bottle.





I was totally craving for garlic rice and I ordered scampi with it.





There was Karen and Arnie. Both of them work in an advertising agency. These two are very well known in the region for their field.






Soap is a photographer and managing editor for F Magazine. Henny is also in an advertising company but specializes more on billboard.





Nod is in the same company as Henny and is the executive sales director there. Big boss, ika nga.





Eng and Toefi work in advertising, too. I think Eng is on the production side while Toef is on sales.  




Isn't it odd that most of my friends are in advertising and I'm the only one working in retail and clothing design?

No comments: