My friends and I often have this bragging game on who's got to find the coolest, most hard to find ukay piece everytime we do the rounds of our hunting ground (ukayan).
Some pieces come to mind:
1. My friend Bo found a Balenciaga by Nicolas Ghesquiere tee from his Spring/Summer 2006 collection. I screamed when he showed it to me. Promise, I can get obsessed like that.
2. My Martin Margiela AIDS tee 10th year anniversary piece. The print is white on white. Very hard to find even on eBay. I know, I've tried. The crowning piece for my Margiela tee collection.
3. Hussein Chalayan double shirt that my friend Jaki found. She asked me ' Does this look ok?' and I replied ' For girls?' . And then she showed me the label and I was flabbergasted! She really enjoyed that moment.
4. Alexander McQueen jeans with wrap around belt. It's McQUEEN!
5. Burberry Trenchcoat of lightweight fabric. Brand new with tags and extra buttons.
6. Comme des Garcons Homme Plus tee for $0.5! Unbelievable, right?
7. Martin Margiela assymetrical gray sweater. My friends checked out the ukay place the day before without me but I came there the next day and found the amazing piece. Swerte ko no? Hehehe.
8. Comme des Garcons Shirt button down that Tito Butz found in Cebu. After pestering him a thousand times he gave it to me. Ha! The fabric is so different, basta. It's hard to explain.
9. A Y-3 Yohji Yamamoto winter coat that I bought for P100 but got resold at P8000.
10. An interesting sleeve piqued my curiosity which turned out to be an amazing Yohji Yamamoto blazer.
I was just thinking of ten but I have to include this one:
11. A Helmut Lang shirt with elbow slits. My constant inspiration in my designing.