Thursday, May 13, 2010

HL and others

While at Noh's, I browsed through some old issues of fashion magazine. I took photos mostly of Helmut Lang and some other images I found inspiring.

This Helmut Lang 2002 ad still seems so modern. It's a self-portrait of Anthony Ward, his dad and his sister, Melanie, stylist/designer friend of Helmut.

All the following Helmut Lang clothes & shoes from the spring/summer 2002 collection.

His clothes still looks current.

This Yohji Yamamoto sneaker was the precursor of his collaboration with Adidas.

I have some pieces of this Junya Watanabe collection from s/s 2002.

The decorative encrusting on the jeans looks interesting, non?

But it's sorta Dolce&Gabbana more than Dior Homme. Or even Cavalli, non? I've been fascinated with surface decoration, recently.

I wish I could find a book loaded with pictures of maharajas. Their styles are so over-the-top!

They definitely start at a very young age. Amazing attention to details, the shoes, the jewelry, the pose, everything!

I also love this two photographs of actor Liu Ye in Yohji Yamamoto.

This graphic print moto jacket is tdf! That's why I'm quite ecstatic of my recent Y's thrifted find.

This Vogue Italia feature chronicles the mix of sailing inspired details and gold.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

i am also fascinated by maharajas...
their palaces are so rich in details!
just amazing!