Thursday, May 13, 2010

Knai Bang Chatt

I went on an unplanned get-away to the coastal town of Kep, a good 3 hours drive from Phnom Penh, where there's a resort that was highly recommended by many friends as so 'you'. Knai Bang Chatt, in Khmer means a rainbow encircling the sun, is a concept resort that blends rustic features, good service and a serene hideaway from the noise of modern living.

I woke up with that view outside my window. If you love that then this is the place for you.

The resosrt has three renovated villas built in the 1970's by proteges of Vann Molyvann, celebrated Khmer architect and pupil of Le Corbusier. That center room on top is where I stayed.

The dining area of the resort is this thatched cottage.

I had a good sleep. It's unusual on the first night because I'm very picky with my pillow.

The breakfast fare was simple, like the ones you will have at your own home. There's a selection of cold cuts, omelettes, cheese, bread, cereals and fruits. It's simple but there's that certain elegance you can't deny. I had the same cutlery when I was in Iloilo on my own. The mozarella cheese omelette I had was delish!

There's nothing in the resort that looks out of place. It exudes a certain style that's so connected with nature. Everything's weather beaten and antique-y. I was enthralled! I want a seaside abode to have the same style.

There's plenty of time to smell the flowers.

Bask under the sun and soak up some sunshine.

I fell in love with this chair. I want it in my life, lol!

It feels like you own the whole place.

There's plenty of nooks where you can tuck away and read some book you've been meaning to read but didn't have the time.

Well, I was at the pool most of the time.

Although the beach is a stone throw away.

Indulge my narcissism.

White sheets with white pillows = divine!

There's a sailing club that you can try. There's a gamut of tours and activities you can do. They have a spa but I didn't try it. If you must there's tv in the recreation room and a laptop with internet. The rooms have wiFi, too. Also, they have lots of books and magazines scattered around the common areas. I was surprised to see the latest issues of Monocle, Vogue Hommes International and W. Yay! Just for that I'm truly impressed already.

I had a lovely stay and I passionately recommend the place as a must-try.

Know more about Knai Bang Chatt here.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

looks amazing. i'm jealous!

Anonymous said...

wonderful pictures and journey u had..thanks for sharing! Kampuchea is indeed amazingly beautiful! :-)