Sunday, November 09, 2008

Cubao finds with Titser May

Finally, nagkita na kami ni Titser May! Earlier, apres Starbucks and exchange gift portion (read post here) we checked out Homme et Femme for good luck. I wanted to check if they've got a Margiela AIDS tee (20th anniv edition. Meron and I got one the next day) So while I was checking Margiela and friends, Titser May was looking at the Marni rack. Syempre, we snickered at the prices and hoped we could nab some Marni or something, hehehe.

So nag-ukay na kami after H et F. To tell you frankly I didn't know what to expect. It took me a lot of time to find something decent. Chaca ang selections. I'm there for the cool brands and not some preppy selections. Lacoste, isdatchu?

Kala ko nga walang future. But in one of the racks I found this APOC piece by Issey Miyake. The Issey Miyake line is now designed by another designer but in recent years Issey has been concentrating on his APOC line. It means A Piece Of Cloth. Keri lang yung piece at P100.

Marami talaga kaming nakita like Calvin Klein, Muller, Vivienne Westwood pero we thought na mahal silang lahat. Heller P320! We found some size 0 DVF and Katharine Hamnett na super love ng previous owner kaya mukhang basahan na. But sa P50 rack I found something that made my blood rush to my head. Super excited with my find I asked Titser May to fit it.

Naysayers of Cubao, kamusta naman ang P50 Marni ko?

Bagay rin kay Titser may, no?

In the P20 rack I found this black Sportmax knit top with tulle detail which I got for my friend Fate. Off shoulder style.

Overjoyed, we transferred to another ukayan and was lucky kasi mukhang bago lahat ng damit. Don't ask me kung saan yun dahil I wouldn't know. I don't think that place has a name pa. Basta it's in Cubao. Sa dalawang rack lang na I checked I found pieces that would complete half of my fall/winter shirt requirement (chos!):

Comme des Garcons Homme Plus

Issey Miyake

Comme des Garcons Shirt

Junya Watanabe Comme des Garcons

Issey Miyake

Y's Yohji Yamamoto

Y-3 Yohji Yamamoto

10 designer pieces. I had to let go of some other pieces kasi baka ma-overweight ako sa eroplano. Actually na overweight nga ako, hehehe. Wag nyo nang itanong kung magkano damage sa akin basta di pa sya kalahati sa presyo ng Margiela AIDS tee and you couldn't buy a Junya Watanabe at that price kahit 90% off pa sya.

Like I said, ukay is not for the faint hearted and Cubao is no exception. Kung maarte ka eh umuwi ka na lang. It's dusty, mainit at mahirap i navigate. But then it rewards those who persevere. Call it lucky streak or beginners luck pero I call it being wise. Kasama ko kasi ang ukay queen ng Cubao so she knows her stores.

Guys, di ko pa nacheck ang pants, bags and shoes. That means marami pang treasures ang naiwan dun. The dresses nakakita ako ng Gaultier, Agnes B., Betsey Johnson, etc. I think Titser May got a BCBG Max Azria soft jacket. Basta may future ang Cubao. Kung may time nga lang I'm sure I could have found some more kaya lang we all need to go na rin to our respective appointments.

We ate at Teriyaki Boy at the nearby Gateway Mall. Basta I had a blast with Titser May. Next time we are wrecking havoc sa ibang ukay places pa.

I did ukay in Iloilo, also. Gusto nyong makita?

5 comments:

the boomerang kid said...

great ukay finds! when i was still in the philippines i used to ukay in bambang then in baguio. i've heard of cubao but never got the chance to try it. pag-uwi ko sa january...

Gayzha said...

I really have to learn a lot from you.... Queen Ukay ka talaga!

Sa Melbourne - puro burloloy lang ang finds ko! Wiz masyadong me mga tatak. Kainez kamatis!

fuchsiaboy said...

zb - ang dami ring dyang ukay kaya sa pp. di ka ba nag uukay dyan?

gayzha - hehehe well alam ko marami dyan sa melbourn kasi maraming brands dyan. hanapan mo naman ako ng helmut lang at ann demeulemeester. hehehe

t. said...

omg... this seriously blows my mind!

fuchsiaboy said...

t- you should check out cubao. lots of nice finds there.