Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Phnom Penh Break


I was in Phnom Penh last week for a little break from Siem Reap. I just took a 6hour bus ride to the capital and I'm telling you it was tiring.


When I arrived I met up with my friend Franco and we had a late lunch at The Shop, a wonderful cafe at Street 240. I got this Fish Salad with the most delicious capers and fresh tomato sauce.


I also tried their mushroom pate paired with their ciabata bread. I was so famished. At the stop-over in Kompong Thom I just ate a small plate of mee cha.


Franco ordered a smoked salmon sandwich which looks good.


Franco had a quick meeting so I wandered around St.240 to browse around the many shops there. I checked D's Books if they have anything I like.


There was biography of Kurt Cobain that fascinated me but I deemed too expenisve to buy at $15.


Books galore! Not a lot of fashion or design books, though.


I ended up buying this Vivienne Tam book for $10 which is not bad at all, non?


The view from Franco's apartment where I stayed.

No comments: