Thursday, February 25, 2010

PP 3rd day

It was an early day for moi on my third day in Phnom Penh.

Went to church service with Franco.

He used his Gucci-esque clutch bag that he brought for 50cents at JapanTS the day before. It's so funny because we were so inspired by Atelier that we were looking for distressed looking bags and drapey tops. We were succesful I think.

At church we sat beside our friend who translated the Khmer service into English.

Fashion Diary:

Top: Ann Demeulemeester button down shirt

Bottom: DP cotton pants

Accessories: canvas work boots, cross necklace from Soria and Y'saacs bag from JapanTS.

The Yohji Yamamoto bag was an amazing find! Franco first saw it and readily gave it to me. I think I squeeled a little when I checked the label. At $1.00, it's crazy to find such a gorgeous bag in there. It's actually the 2nd Y'saacs I found at JapanTS. Will post my bag loots soon.

Apres, we wanted our friend Elaine and Roger to experience authentic Khmer food so we headed to Tol Thom Phong or Russian Market.

I ordered Kwit Teu, which is a noodle soup, minus the chicken and meat that usually goes with it. We had some Oishi Vegetarian chicharon from the Filipino store in Phnom Penh so I added it on top. Batchoy, isdatchu? Yummy!

D and F

Everyone was hungry and couldn't be bothered for some photo-ops.

We then scoured the market for the stuff we wanted to buy. I got some linen fabrics and cotton for my designs, and H&M underwear from my suki who gets it from the factory. It only cost $2 a pair. Elaine & Roger got some stuff and pasalubongs. The Russian market is famous for selling surplus stuff from well known brands like H&M, Calvin Klein, almost the major American brands like Abercrombie&Fitch, Gap, Nike etc.

Actually, it got so popular that there's a proper airconditioned store that sells all surplus stuff now in Phnom Penh. I forgot the name but when I come back there I'l blog about it. I saw Calvin Klein underwear, Diesel stuff, Tommy Hilfiger clothing, etc. properly packaged and tagged with original prices slashed to more friendly prices, of course. Great for pasalubongs, actually.

We also went to Oroseuy Market and I got a black tabi boots and a second Martin Margiela tabi sneakers! Loven found a Comme des Garcons x Fred Perry sneakers, too. Franco and I had a goal to find an Ann Demeulemeester-ish leather boots (Atelier inspired, again) but was unsuccessful.

Famished and tired, we ate (3rd time for moi) at Sam Doo, again, for dinner. This time we only ordered a big plate of deep fried soft shell crab and seafood fried rice. It was that good and addicting!

After dinner, we drove 6 hours to Siem Reap. We arrived past 11pm.

Elaine and Roger left for Bangkok the next day.

2 comments:

toxic disco boy said...

wow sounds like fun! di pa ako naka ukay ulet for two weeks. haha. feeling ko 2 years na. lol. bongga talaga jan sa cambodia... hoard all you can ka lagi. ^^

oi, pumunta pala jan SHINee sa phnom penh nung 22-23 ata. hahaha. wala lang...

fuchsiaboy said...

hoard all you can. we should attack JapanTS when you visit.

bettyinme had backstage access with them. ewan ko if successful yung plan namin to get a photo of shinee with 'i heart toxicdiscoboy' sign. wag mag expect ;)